If you build it right, they will come. Get it done with user experience.
Your development team spends months toiling over a new customer relationship management system. Your software engineers are quite proud of their creation; they hold a big celebration at rollout.
But your users? They hate it. They think it’s difficult to use, illogical, and causes more work than it saves. So they stop using it. And return to keeping customer records on smartphones and napkins.
This is what happens when engineering fails to consult users before they dig in.
User experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design are important. More than important—they’re integral to well-conceived application development. They make the difference between an elegant business application that only engineers love and an application that targeted business users love and actually use.
An Application with Great UX
- Increases and speeds adoption of new software systems
- Makes users feel listened to, appreciated, and empowered
- Improves worker productivity and reduces errors
- Improves business efficiency by successfully automating and digitizing business processes
- Reduces development work and waste, because your developers aren’t scrapping work or starting over
- Reduces support costs by reducing technical support calls
AIS User Experience Consulting Services
We have a wealth of UX and UI talent, experts in usability, accessibility, information architecture, interaction design, and visual design. Our user experience designers embed across your organization, from business stakeholders to end users to the development team and ensure that usability issues are taken into account from the get-go. We watch and learn how your workers perform their jobs, listen to their ideas, and work with your development team to bring those ideas to life. Because the business stakeholders are part of the process from day-one, they become project champions rather than opponents.
Popular AIS UX Engagements
- Research and Testing – We can work with you to create a short-term engagement where we do early-stage research to define the problem and create a design strategy for your application. We include your users in the conversation and understand their needs to ensure that you’re building exactly the right tool for the job.
- Intranet Strategy and Roadmap – We work with you to build an intranet that focuses on people and processes as well as the underlying technology. Our approach overcomes common intranet problems that result in information silos and a fragmented user experience.
- Accessibility Best Practices – It’s important that all users have equal access to your business systems. Our accessibility experts understand the complexities of meeting accessibility standards such as WCAG 2.0 AA and will work with you on design, development, and testing to ensure that you meet legal requirements and delight stakeholders.
What usability problems are you facing? Whatever they are, we can help. Start the conversation today. Give us a call at 703.860.7800 or fill out a contact form online.
Not Sure Where to Start?
From consulting to custom development, our team has your back. We’ll partner with you to learn the ins and outs of your business because we understand that each organization is unique. Together, we will address your goals and challenges, and work to create solutions that meet your needs.
Take the next step to accelerate innovation in your organization. Talk to an expert at AIS today.